PROVENCE GOLF HOLIDAYS
The word Provence evokes as much magic as any region in the world…Warm weather, lavender fields, ancient towns, unforgettable foods all enveloped between the Mediterranean and the Alps. What a wonderful place to live and to holiday! Provence has six counties – the southern counties of Bouches du Rhone and the Var are the golf and tourist heart of Provence, and the third golf destination is their coastline neighbour of the Alpes Maritimes, better known as The Riviera which has its dedicated section on www.frenchgolfholidays.com
As you would expect with such a fantastic backdrop, the golf courses are gorgeous. There are six of the highest quality - and that’s ignoring several more in easily-reached Languedoc-Rousillon and The Riviera - and there are nine 9 others we’d also recommend. And golf in Provence doesn’t need to be expensive: you can play five rounds for as little as €45 per round with our special pass.
Provence isn’t just about lavender, Rose and fine food. Its strategic geographical position and weather made it attractive to the Romans and they built many incredible buildings which remain today. Here’s our pick of the most impressive Roman legacies:
(1) Arles – temples, thermal baths and the Arena built in 90AD. In fact, Arles was titled the “little Rome of Gaul”
(2) Aix en Provence – founded in 122BC and Julius Caesar declared it good enough for him 60 years later. The thermal baths can still be used by the paying public today. Veni, vidi, lavi.
(3) Orange – the Theatre Antique d’Orange is arguably the most impressive of all the Roman structures in France and still hosts concerts to 10,000 spectators
(4) Vaison la Romanie – the remains were discovered about 100 years ago. Simple but impressive
(5) Nimes – overtaken by the Romans in 121BC, Nimes has many notable sites including the Arenes de Nimes, the Maison Carree temple and the stunning Pont du Gard aqueduct.
For your base, we’ve got the perfect choice of superb resorts, like Terre Blanche, tucked-away gems like the Alain Ducasse Hostellerie de l’Abbaye de La Celle, golf hotels and renowned family-run hotels like Hostellerie Berard & Spa and other boutique gems. There’s something for everyone. With a huge selection of flights and airports, sublime year-round weather and our wide choice of hotels ensuring that all budgets can be catered for, Provence is a must and a destination that you will never tire of.
Choose any Hotel or Golf Course below to see more information and start buliding your tailor made trip. Use the filters below to narrow your search.
Let us know your dates and click ‘add to my trip’
Add any other Golf Course or Hotels. Any number of combinations are possible. We will also make suggestions.
Submit your trip we will get back to you with in 24 hours with a qoute.